Tips for success at this year’s Industry Summit!
Our Welcome Committee offers the following tips to make your Industry Summit participation a success.
Airline and Ground Travel:
- In-bound flights: You can fly into either Dallas-Love Field or DFW Airport, depending on your departure city and preferred airline.
- Do not rent a car. It is expensive and parking can be both costly and challenging. Instead, use a taxi or Uber to get to and from the airport.
What ot Bring
- Extra travel bag. Consider packing a travel bag inside your suitcase. You won’t need to pay for an extra bag on the outbound trip, but will have one available for the return – perfect for carrying handouts and promotional items back to your business.
- Casual clothes. Khakis/shorts and golf/polo shirts are acceptable for all Summit events. Consider wearing clothing that features your business name; it will help potential business partners identify you.
- Business cards. Always have 15-20 extra business cards available to share – you never know who you will meet!
- Ship items for the 2018 Industry Summit to the address below: Items will be available for you at the Sheraton Dallas Galleria (the host hotel). Please note that there will be a receiving fee for items received (see pricing below)
Attn: (INSERT BUSINESS NAME AND CONTACT PERSON HERE)
4635 McEwen Road
Dallas, Texas 75244
All parcels incur a receiving charge based upon weight. Currently, the fee is:
- Envelope – Free
- 0-10 lbs – $4.00
- 11-20 lbs – $8.00
- 21-40 lbs – $12.00
- 41-60 lbs – $20.00
- 61-100 lbs – $25.00
- Please contact us at SUMMIT@BECKETT.COM for custom quotes on larger shipments.
- Any registration canceled before February 11 will be subject to a non-refundable fee. No refund will be provided for any individual registrations canceled after February 11.
During The Summit
- Attend everything. Don’t miss any event – even if the presentation doesn’t fit your business model, you might miss the chance to sit next to a potential key contact.
- Outreach. Commit to meeting someone new at every Summit event. New contacts are the most important thing you will obtain at this event – get as many as possible.
After The Summit
- Follow up. Send thank-you notes to those who contributed to your Summit success, and reach out to potential new business partners.
- Prioritize your improvements. “You will learn so much, and hear so many great ideas, that it is impossible to implement it all right away. So commit to doing a few things well – and hold yourself accountable for making them part of your business within 15 or 30 days of leaving the Summit.” -Rick Rollar
- Plan for next year. Our next Summit is only 360 days away!